- To review, evaluate and analyze work environments through physical on-site inspections and identify, communicate, and document all hazards, at risk behaviors and violations in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Communicate such violations with the customer’s employees and jobsite foreman.
- Complete electronic copies of reports and e-mail to the office of York Safety Solutions within 24 hours of the inspection, per that attached jobsite inspection report.
- Attend jobsite meetings or pre-job hazard analysis with project managers in effort to generate an effective HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) plan prior to beginning work.
- Reading comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Computer Proficient – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet and related file management.
- Speaking – Talking to others tactfully and professionally when conveying information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems or hazards.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the customer / audience.
- Leadership Skills – You will be evaluated on (14) different leadership skills & a desire to master them.
Education and Training
Become proficient with the OSHA 1926 (construction) and/or 1910 (industry) regulations by completing the OSHA 10 hour and 30-hour outreach course under each applicable standard as applicable to your area of responsibility.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in construction or general industry safety, whichever is applicable.
- Become proficient with the OSHA 1926 (construction) and/or 1910 (industry) regulations by completing the OSHA 10 hour and 30-hour outreach course under each applicable standard as applicable to your area of responsibility.
- Attend additional safety training courses (OSHA, NFPA, etc.) as required to further education on OSHA safety standards.
- Consult with customer on any questions, comments or concerns they may have related to OSHA safety regulations and job site inspections.
- Consult with the owner of YSS prior to addressing items that are questionable or sensitive in nature prior to discussing them with the customer.
- Do not answer a question, that you are not 100% certain of the correct answer. If needed, document that question and research the correct answer.
Benefits of working for York Safety Solutions
- Flexible hours
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- Good work-life balance
- Continually changing workplace
- Work for and with other Christians
- Competitive vacation time (full time)
- Interaction with many different clients
- Freedom to share your faith is the Spirit leads
- Initiative and creativity are highly encouraged
- Opportunities to impact the lives of others
- Periodic performance of evaluation
- Opportunity to grow spiritually
- Learn Business Management
- Paid holidays (full time)
- Make A Difference
- Minimal Travel